Thursday, March 29, 2012

Research Questions, questions.

    1054 Start of the East-West Schism, which divides the Christian church for centuries
    Research Question:
    Was it the East or the West that divided the Christian churches?
    1. Does the question deal with a topic or issue that interests me enough to spark my own thoughts and opinions?
    Yes it does because in some ways I can relate to it, and make opinions.
    2. Is the question easily and fully researchable?
    If the question is understandable and there's an outline of the topic in some way, then yes it will be researchable.
    3. What type of information do I need to answer the research question? E.g., The research question, "What impact has deregulation had on commercial airline safety?," will obviously require certain types of information:
- Reasons why the East and West divided
- Did the people in the church have different beliefs then others, so they split?
- How serious did people take the split of the churches?

    4. Is the scope of this information reasonable (e.g., can I really research 30 online writing programs developed over a span of 10 years?)
    I think I will be able to find some information, but I don't know how much I will find. I think I can find a reasonable amount of information.
    5. Given the type and scope of the information that I need, is my question too broad, too narrow, or okay?
    My question is okay.
    6. What sources will have the type of information that I need to answer the research question (journals, books, Internet resources, government documents, people)?
    Books, people, and Internet resources.
    7. Can I access these sources?
    I can access the internet and books, but it might be a little hard to access people that know about this in that time frame.
    8. Given my answers to the above questions, do I have a good quality research question that I actually will be able to answer by doing research?
    I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment