Friday, March 2, 2012

Valentina's Story

  1. If I was Valentina and I was confronted by Bagaruka after the genocide, I probably wouldn’t say anything. Words couldn’t describe how terrified and hurt she was. I would probably look at him in disgust and walk away, hoping that something like this will never happen again.
  1. <= ignore
  2. Putting myself in Denis Bagaruka shoes, I don’t see how he could of killed innocent people. The only way I could of killed innocent people is if I didn’t have a family, I was lonely. But I don’t know if I could even do that, I would live with guilt for the rest of my life. We are all capable of killing someone, but I would have to be pretty angry and miserable to kill someone. 


  1. I think Bagaruka should be hit in the head like the Tutsi’s were, or half of his hand should be cut off so he knows what it feels like. Or, some of his children should be killed so he know’s what it feels like to loose a child. 



  1. The genocide still impacts my daily life because you live in fear, you are always wondering if gangs are gonna come out of nowhere again and start shooting. Also not having your whole hand, you have to look at it every day and those painful memories come back. The genocide took my hand and my family away, so it will never go away. Also, I have to learn to work with my hand and deal with it. Plus, the constant sound of screaming and shooting will never leave my head nor my dreams. I always wake up crying feeling like I’m still in the genocide.

No comments:

Post a Comment